Saturday, 10 November 2012

I'm Back!!

I can't believe it's been so long since I was here last- no excuses really, life just seems to have been really busy and I don't seem to have had time for blogging!
Firstly Ferrers Quilters had their Patchwork and Quilting Exhibition "Out Of Essex" It was a brilliant weekend. Lynne Edwards opened the exhibition and we were busy all weekend. The display of Japanese quilts was stunning (my picture doesn't do it justice!)
My quilt for the chairman's challenge is pictured below and is titled "Essex Girls Love Patchwork"
I have also been taking part in Another Little Quilt Swap 7. The quilts had to be 12 inches square and mine was made with hand dyed fabric and threads together with hand and free machine embroidery. It was embellished with beads and washers covered with blanket stitch. It will be winging its way to its new owner on Monday. I won't say where it is going yet as it is supposed to be a surprise, but it is going to be flying northwards!

For the last few days I have been busy making things for the Christmas Market which is being held in the The Maeldune Heritage Centre in Maldon. I haven't used my embellisher in ages so I have dusted it off and made some little brooches which have been hand embroidered. 
Posted by PicasaThis afternoon I made the little gift boxes to put them in.

3 comments:

Diane Kelsey said...

When is the market on?

Libertybelle said...

Thursday 15th November - Saturday December 22nd- it's only open Thursday Friday and Saturday.

Dotty said...

Good to have you back! Glad to see you have been busy creating:) The Japanese quilts look gorgeous and I love your other "makes".